Thursday, May 26, 2016

We finally hit the road!!


We took the plunge and finally hit the road this past Friday. We didn't quite get everything fixed but we are quickly learning there will always be something to fix. If we had waited for everything to be fixed then we would have never left. We did get the most important issue fixed which was the electrical problem. Now we can use 50 amps and our generator again. We never got the leak in our bedroom fixed and we found another one near the passenger seat. At that point we decided all we could do was laugh about it. Chris is working on sealing those up and hopefully we won't have anymore problems with water coming in.

It's never easy to make a big change but sometimes it is worth it!


We seriously ran out of Houston like our hair was on fire. Sorry, we didn't get to say bye to everyone including some family members. We were just ready! We decided we were leaving on a Wednesday and left on Friday.

Ooops we did!
 I've got to say this is even cooler than we expected. Not because we have seen such amazing things already but because we really have the freedom to go anywhere. I am easily amused and just eating at a new restaurant is fun to me. So, exploring a new city is just awesome.



I can already tell it is going to be a little hard to find the balance between checking out a new place and remembering I'm not on vacation (especially when I am near the beach) ! There are so many things to do and see but we still have the same budget we did before. So, we are eating most of our meals at home but still can go out to eat a couple days a week.
Biloxi Beach has some great sunsets

Too bad I can't sit at the beach all day and drink these. 

This is just a quick update to let everyone know we hit the road and we love it. We are leaving Sunday for Mobile then to Tallahassee. Next week I will post some pictures of the inside of the RV. I just realized I hadn't posted those on the blog. I only posted them on our facebook page: It's a Wanderful RV Life .


No comments:

Post a Comment