|Saddle Mountain RV Park|
Check-out Date: 04/08/17
Type of Accommodation: Deluxe (more spacious than standard spot) Back-in
Price: $380 + Electric (ours ended up being $115)= $495 for the month
Amenities: Swimming pool, exercise facility, library, basketball courts, tennis courts, pool tables, ping pong tables and more. They also had a "free table" where you can put items you no longer want and take items others have given away. We purged a lot of items on that table.
Wifi/Cell Reception: The cell reception was great. The only FREE wifi in this park is in the clubhouse area. We paid an extra $50 for wifi coverage and it was excellent for streaming!
Favorite places to go/eat in the area:
It' s about a 35 minute drive to any grocery stores, shops or restaurants. Most of these are in neighboring cities.
- Oregano's- amazing salads, deep dish pizza, margaritas and desert.
- Saddle Mountain Brewing Company- Great beers and Chris LOVED their fish and chips.
- Skyline Regional Park- free park with beautiful desert views, picnic areas and lots of hiking trails.
- Desert Diamond Casino- I enjoyed the slots machines, there is NO alcohol on the premises and no table games.
- The Goodyear Farmers Market
- The Apache Trail and hiking South Mountain in Phoenix, AZ
- Haus Murphy's- delicious german food and beer.
Here is our blog post with more in depth information on these items and more.
**WARNING** This RV Park is near Hickman's Egg Farm. It smells ok most of the time but there were certain times of day when the smell hits hard and it smells like you are in a chicken coop. It's pretty bad! There are also lots of flies which was pretty annoying. They kept getting in our rig. The RV Park doesn't allow cancellations so if you get there and can't handle the smell you don't get your money back.
|Sign across from the post office|